Thursday, February 6, 2014

Retinal Cryoplexy

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Click the above to read the gory details ... irritated tissue, I guess ...

Last Thursday, for the second time in 7 years, I was diagnosed with a detached retina. I had two episodes back in 2003, and it was, again, in the same eye. I had eye surgery yesterday, (Retinal Cryoplexy, FYI), and it went well. Its an astonishing technology .. The surgeon first examined every corner of my eye with a lens thing and a million watt light, which was no picnic in itself. Then he took a little (+/- 1/8th” diameter) probe with a tube that he snaked in behind my eyeball, pushed a pedal, circulated some liquid nitrous oxide through the probe, and froze the s*** out of the back of my eyeball, creating an instant excruciating ice cream headache ... Then he did it again ... Today, right now, 28 hours later, I feel and see normally again. No pain.... This technique could easily eliminate any need for waterboarding, ever. I would have told him ANYTHING if he had threatened to do it a third time. Appropriately, Kit made some sockeye salmon for dinner when we got back home ... All’s well that ends well, but dont try this at home ...

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment