Thursday, February 6, 2014

Block Progress

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download


Since I finished the chest, Ive been making progress on the set of blocks that will live in it. Its been slow going, but mostly because I have only had short blocks of time in the shop. Sorry - bad pun.

The wood is from the dying library chairs that I first posted about here. This works out great, as the salvaged oak is all short lengths - making it perfect for blocks.

These are "unit blocks". The basic unit is a 1"x2"x2" block. All other block dimensions are fractions or multiples of this unit.

Heres what I have so far, with the chest in the background:


I only have 25 blocks done, but I still have some time. Im shooting for at least 100.



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment