Sunday, January 26, 2014

Petersburg Mi Making a Mantle Part VI

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
The mantle is finally installed, and it looks beautiful! Here are the installation pictures...
The first is a picture of the corbles being installed. The corbles have two mounting screws on the backsides. They will take some of the weight. Ive added an additional 3" screw through the top of the corbles to help with some of the "pull" of the mantle.
I then measured and marked for the wall portion of the french cleat and installed it. After that, the mantle simply slid right into place! Because of the way I set up the cleat initially, I was able to adjust the mantle left and right as needed!

The next step will be to finish off the surrounding trimwork. I have about 3-4 days left on this project and I will be finished!!!





TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment