Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Build a coffee table

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Retro style

For years Ive been wanting to make a new coffee table. After making the credenza/TV stand a few weeks ago, I was motivated to make another "mid-century modern" piece. This time I wasnt adhering exactly to any particular 50s style coffee table, but rather I wanted something to echo the credenzas design. After years of building up a mish-mash of furniture, it is nice to finally have a couple pieces that go together!


A lot of the construction of this is similar to the credenza, so in this video I tried to focus on a few techniques that I glossed over in the other video. I know, I know: retro furniture isnt to everyones taste, but you should be able to pick up a few tips in this that might help you do design your own coffee table.

But if you do like this style as much as I, and want to build one just like it, here are plans for the coffee table:


  • WWMM Coffee Table PDF Plans
  • WWMM Coffee Table Sketchup file





*****






TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment